Pink guns for girls

Pink guns for girls

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:24pm
Firearms shops in the US are stocking pink rifles and shotguns to encourage girls to get into shooting.
A report in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says the Gander Mountain hunting store in Waukesha stocks several pink guns.
They include a Remington 20-gauge shotgun with a pink and black stock emblazoned with the slogan: "Shoot like a girl if you can!"
Store manager Chris Hanson said the guns were aimed, so to speak, at girls and women interested in hunting.
He said the shotgun, and a Crickett rifle with a bright pink stock, were both selling well.
In Baraboo, Jim Astle, owner of Jim's Gun Supply in Baraboo, has been coating guns in pink and other colours for four years. His 12-year-old daughter owns a pink camouflage shotgun.
"Females want to shoot guns, but they want them to look pretty, too," he said. "Guys could give a rat's butt what their gun looks like."
Connie Cody, a 48-year-old administrative assistant in Kenosha, said she wishes she had seen pink guns for sale after she completed her hunter safety course 18 months ago.
Since then, she has bought a 9-millimetre pistol, a .357 revolver, a .38 Derringer and a .380 pistol, all in traditional colours.
"If they stock them," Cody vowed after learning about pink guns, "I'm going to buy one."

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:27pm
The new Martha Stewart .41 auto mag.:roll:

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:33pm
i would buy my wife one but with my record...
sigh,have to get one filed.
:lol:
quack

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:37pm
I thought you were in jail. Oh, I see the orange cover-alls.:P

yogithebear

Sep 25, 07 at 12:38pm
Hmmm, hadn't seen any of these yet. have to check into em.

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:41pm
i escaped,shhhhhh!
:x
quack

cindythebear

Sep 25, 07 at 12:51pm
The popular trend was to get the pistols powdered coated pink or purple. Guess the manufactures decided to make it easier for the ladies and better for their sales.

As for me, I don't want a pink gun, I like my Colts with their blue finish just fine. Save that money and buy some more ammo or another gun.

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 12:58pm
Hmmm, hadn't seen any of these yet. have to check into em.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like yogi wants a pink gun.:x

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 01:25pm
Both my daughters and my granddaughters are into hunting and they like the regular camouflage and the regular guns - my granddaughters tell me the pink camouflage is 'sissyified'. :D

They just had the Youth Hunt here and my youngest granddaughter (age 12) shot her first deer. She was very excited about it - even helped to gut it and to skin and process the meat. :-) She's looking forward to getting another when the regular hunting season starts. :roll:

yogithebear

Sep 25, 07 at 03:42pm
Man, ya just gotta love them there country gals, hehe