my matches

my matches

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 03:31pm
i am curious who the official matchmaker here is. it seems anyone from canada who has signed up has become my match. i live in Ontario a match in BC would be thousands of miles away. i get most of my matches over 500 miles away and i think 1 match lives less than an hours drive from me.

many other matches are men over 40 yrs old. i have been matched with women and couples even though my profile says i am only looking for men

is this so the dating site can brag about the many matches they have made to claim they are doing well or to just keep the old guys who pay here interested by seeing they have been matched to younger women and will continue to pay

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 03:37pm
I believe the matches are made with the information you provided when you signed up - so naturally the location would be a very important factor in linking two people up. For example, if you live in Alaska how would you feel if your ONLY match was someone from Australia??? :-)

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 03:39pm
LadyYooper,

Your tush is driving me krazy.

It is so cute.

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 03:42pm
canada is a large country like the usa . as a dating service is there any point in matching some one in New York with someone in LA

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:29pm
I'm glad you can't see my face Bobby - I'm blushing!!! :oops:

I didn't say I agreed with their criteria - I was only pointing out why you had many Canadian matches. Change your criteria around occasionally - omitting and/or being more specific on some points and not on others - you may find more matches that way.

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:35pm
I don't think i ever filled out the dating form, just my profile but due to the shortage of women here they have to find matches for all the men who paid the money

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:41pm
Instead of your constant complaining,

Why don't you go to the home page and set up your profile so it will be much more accurate?

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:45pm
my profile can't be much more accurate unless i gave my address and phone number

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:46pm
I just checked out your profile sweet.. seems pretty alright as far as I can tell. I like what Lady Yooper said about changing around your criteria periodically. That should get you a different batch of matches. Now if you don't like the matches that are automatically generated I'd just ignore them and find your own! That might be a lot more fun :D

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:57pm
i didn't come here to find dates anyway, was just to keep in contact with friends. was just pointing out that since it has been changed to a dating site it is not a good one. i have been on other sites where when they show u a match it says right underneath how many miles that person is from u. and there was none over 60 miles. but they claim to be the best here.