Kind of shaggy

Kind of shaggy

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 10:58am
In the early 1800's this old Jewish merchant had to go to Omaha on business. He presented himself to the stagecoach office and asked, "How much a ticket to Omaha?" The clerk responded, "$5.00." "Too much!" he complained. "Anyway, I ain't got $5.00; I only got $2.00, so there you go!" "Well you ain't goin to Omaha for $2.00, so forget it!" said the clerk. "Listen, I gotta get to Omaha; I got very important business there. Please! Maybe you could do something for me?" "I'll tell you what I can do." said the clerk. "We need somebody to ride shotgun. Gimme the $2.00 and you could ride shotgun." "What are you sayin' ride shotgun? I need to ride on the stagecoach to Omaha!" said the old man. "No, No! You don't understand!" said the clerk. "You ride up on the top with the driver. You hold this rifle and if you see any Indians,
you shoot 'em." "What you talkin' about shooting Indians? I ain't never shot no Indians before." replied the merchant. "Listen to me! It's easy. You see an Indian; you point the gun at him and pull this trigger. Just give me the $2.00 and get up there with the driver." demanded the clerk. So the old merchant climbed up with the driver and off they rode into
the prairie. About 3 hours into the trip, the driver asked, "Do ya see any Indians?" "Yup, I see one." said the old Jewish merchant.
"How far away is he?" asked the driver. "How could I know?" asked the old guy. "Well how big does he look?" asked the driver. The old Jewish guy put his hand in front of the driver's face and held his thumb and forefinger about a half inch apart, and said, "He looks this big; should I shoot him?" "Not yet," said the driver. "You'll never hit him; he's too far away. Wait 'til he gets closer." Another couple of hours passed and once again the driver asked, "Do ya still see the Indian?" "Yup, I still see him."
"How far away is he now?" asked the driver. Again the old Jewish guy put his hand in front of the driver's face and this time held his thumb and forefinger about an inch apart, and said, "He looks this big; should I shoot him yet?"
"Not yet," said the driver. "He's still too far away. Wait until he
gets closer. I'll tell you when to shoot him." Well this same situation continued every few hours for several days. Each time, the old Jewish merchant would hold his fingers a little further apart to indicate how big the Indian looked, and each time he'd ask, "Should I shoot him?' and each time, the driver would say,
"Not yet, I'll tell you when."
On the third day of their journey through the prairie on their way to
Omaha, when asked if he still saw the Indian, the old guy demonstrated the size of the Indian by spreading his arms as far as he could from top to bottom, indicating that the Indian now looked very big. The driver said, "Okay, now he's close enough. Now you can shoot him!"
The old man hesitated and then said, "Nah... I couldn'tshoot him."
"Whadya mean you can't shoot him? Why not?" demanded the driver.
The old Jewish guy put his hand in front of the driver's face and
held his thumb and forefinger about a half inch apart, and said, "How could I shoot him?... I've known him since he was this big!"

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 04:56pm
ljd... that ain't even funny........but I forgive you

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 05:32pm
:mrgreen: I gave a warning!!! :bye:

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 07:30am
i didn't see any warning

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 07:39am
Any joke that is titled 'Kind of Shaggy' gives me pause before opening :D

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 07:45am
good morning lady y how are you today?

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 07:57am
My good morning to Lady Y is better than Tomy's good morning !

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 08:01am
is not

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 08:02am
Is too.

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 08:08am
mine was first so it's better. besides i'm wearing a tuxedo and your not