Cd/DVD burner

Cd/DVD burner

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 12:07pm
Not recognizing blank disks. Ran all the virus crap and still having the problem. Any puter geeks who can help is certainly appreciated!!!

xoxo Mz V

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 06:06pm
This answer is specifically for CD burner, but I should think it will work for DVD as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make sure you have CD Recording enabled. Windows XP comes with CD burning software built into the operating system. If you are running an older version of Windows, you may have to buy CD burning software. But if you’re running Windows XP, then double click on My Computer. A window will appear listing the drives on your computer. Right click on your CD Burner drive and then left click on Properties. The CD Drive properties window will appear. Click on the Recording tab. If you don’t see a recording tab, then your CD Drive is probably just a CD-ROM drive and not a CD Burner (a CD-R/CD-RW drive). If you are certain you have a CD Burner, also known as a CD-R/CD-RW drive, but the recording tab is still not there, then your CD drive is improperly installed or not recognized by Windows. In this case, consult professional assistance to fix the problem.

If the recording tab is there, then when you click on it you’ll see a little box next to “Enable CD Recording.” If there is a check mark in the box, then CD Recording is enabled. If the box is empty, then click on the box and a check mark should appear. Then click on Apply.

Beneath “Enable CD Recording” you’ll see the text “Select write speed.” Click on the little arrow pointing down beneath “Select write speed” and click on a lower speed, since the problem could be that your CD burner cannot perform at high speeds. Then click on Apply.

Another problem could be that you don’t have enough free space on your hard drive to do CD burning. When you burn a CD, Windows makes a copy of whatever you are burning before it puts it onto the CD. For instance, if you are burning 700 megabytes of data onto a CD, you need at least 700 megabytes of free disk space. In the CD Drive Properties window, you’ll see the text “Select the drive where Windows can store…” and beneath that it will list the hard drive (usually called the C :-) where the Windows will make a copy of the data before it burns it onto the CD. In the My Computer window, right click on that hard drive and then left click on Properties to see how much free space is on the drive. You may have to free up some space on the drive before you can burn CDs. Or, if you have multiple hard drives or partitions, then you can click on the little blue arrow pointing down in the CD Drive Properties window, beneath “Select the drive where Windows can store…” and then click on a hard drive with more free space.

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 08:07pm
Thanks Ducky so much for all the advice. I tried all that but apparently I have some other problem. Running XP and puter only 1 yr. old, but past the warranty of course. Even after doing what you said, the DVD RW drive still ask for a blank cd. I checked the box cuz it wasn't, and the space is ok cuz the tunes I wanted to burn are already on the puter. Read somewhere it could be something with the registry. Damn I wanted to also video me fuckin Jason with my strap on and post in the vid section......

xoxo Mz V:wink:

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 08:13pm
Here's the most definitive DVD burning forum on the net. You can register for free and post your problem there, if it isn't already covered somewhere:

http://forum.doom9.org/index.php

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 08:38pm
Thank you my sweet sexy hot azz Ducky!!! Yanno I love ya!!!

xoxo Mz V:-)

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 09:27pm
Thanks!!:oops:

I think You are Awesome!!!:-)