Judicial Benchmarks

Judicial Benchmarks

Deleted Member

Sep 21, 07 at 05:15pm
Judicial Benchmarks: Justice in San Francisco
In the halls of justice on the right: A federal judge in San Francisco ruled this week that global-warming-injury lawsuits are not under the constitutional purview of the courts. Judge Martin Jenkins’ decision stemmed from a suit filed last year by the state of California against six major auto manufacturers. Officials from the Land of Fruits and Nuts contended that cars produced by the companies were responsible for more than 30 percent of carbon-dioxide emissions in California and more than 20 percent nationwide, posing a “public nuisance.”

In response, Judge Jenkins ruled that the court’s entering the global-warming fray “would require an initial policy determination of the type reserved for the political branches of government.” Additionally, Judge Jenkins wrote that the court was unwilling to penalize the companies “for doing nothing more than lawfully engaging in their respective spheres of commerce.” Judicial restraint from a Clinton appointee in the Golden State? The miraculous defined. 8O

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 05:38am
don't they realize that humans emit large quantities of carbon dioxide with every breath? there are probably more humans than cars in california what are they going to do next sue god?

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 05:52am
There is one lawsuit against god by a lawmaker seeking damages for natural occurances against mankind & this lawmaker has a stance against frivilous lawsuits, Go figure.:x

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 06:02am
If this is a lawsuit against God, one has to prove God exists

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 10:03am
I think that the state of California should be made to prove that IT exists.:bye:

How long is the San Andreas Fault going to hold up progress?:roll:

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 11:56am
Watcherduck
Careful what you say, if the San Andreas Fault were to start and California started to crumble into the Pacific think about the size of the tidal wave that would hit Hawaii
And what would happen to you.
I don’t think I would be the only one to miss you. :cry::cry::cry:

bearmaker

Sep 22, 07 at 11:59am
tomygunn You have the solution.Reduce ppopulation to half not to mention cows,horses and other mammals.8)

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 12:06pm
bobwmpc
17:56 Sep 22, 2007
Watcherduck
Careful what you say, if the San Andreas Fault were to start and California started to crumble into the Pacific think about the size of the tidal wave that would hit Hawaii
And what would happen to you.
I don’t think I would be the only one to miss you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Bob!
The largest tidal wave (tsunami) they have found evidence of. Left coral heads at 1,000 feet (300 meters) above sea level in Australia.

When I built my home, I bought my land at 1,100 feet (330 meters) above sea level, for a 10% chance of error.:-)

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 12:08pm
bearmaker
17:59 Sep 22, 2007
tomygunn You have the solution.Reduce ppopulation to half not to mention cows,horses and other mammals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With your help, that's exactly what the Radical Muslims are intending to do.:-(

bearmaker

Sep 22, 07 at 12:32pm
Duckie that muslim talk isnt funny at all.

In fackt I really beleave that if ppl dont take seariously the global warming issue the globe will be in big troubles.They have already began.As You certainly know one coutry that is suffering of it is US.That is costing for your ppl huge $sums.

If You happened to see fantastic Live Earth concert with all spices You wouldnt joke too much about Global Warming,Though I know that You can be nice funny guy.

P.s.I hope Al Gore will win the Nobel Price ,he has done great work.:bye: