Best/Worst Actors/Actresses and why

Best/Worst Actors/Actresses and why

Deleted Member

Sep 21, 07 at 02:12pm
Some of my best:
Dustin Hoffman because he can play just about any role and you believe it. Almost every movie he did was a classic.

Tom Hanks - the Green Mile was so good (maybe also because it was written by Stephen King).

Robin Williams because he is a once off - nobody in the world could have done Good Morning Vietnam as well as him.

Steve McQueen because men like him have never existed since.

Lauren Bacall and Mae West - just because...

Some of my worst:
Julia Roberts and Roger Moore - zero talent and yet they got to play in big big budget movies.
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 21, 07 at 02:12pm

yogithebear

Sep 22, 07 at 09:51pm
I agree about Tom Hanks, his acting abilities are tremendous. There are so many bad ones I don't know where to begin.

Deleted Member

Sep 23, 07 at 08:03am
I don't think there's a Tom Hanks movie I didn't like! Love Bruce Willis also!

As for the worst, the guy who played Austin Powers movies, I hated those!!!

Deleted Member

Sep 23, 07 at 09:11am
I have to agree with you on the Austin Powers comment purpleheart - even as a Brit I have no idea what the hell anyone can find in such perile crap.
And maybe Bruce is the modern version of Steve McQueen (not as good , before anyone shouts!) - it's the smile.

Deleted Member

Sep 23, 07 at 04:23pm
MzV that actor is Mike Myers he did a better job in the Cat in the Hat and the Wayne's World movies.

I almost cried at the Julia Roberts comment, she happens to be one of my fave females along with Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Sandra Bullock (she did a fabulous job in A Time To Kill) which is one of my fave movies simply because I liked the fact that Samuel Jackson's character made sure his daughter's rapists got what they deserved. Male actors, Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis (GOD HE's GORGEOUS), Sam Elliott (that voice sends tingles up my spine), and Sean Connery (gotta love the accent!) :mrgreen:

dsquared

Sep 24, 07 at 01:38pm
Michael Caine and Sean Connery played the same person in every movie they every made.

Which is a shame because some of their movies could have been better if they weren't in them.

Sean Connery sounded the same in his 007 movies as he did playing in Dragonheart 30 odd year s later. It was his look that made him nothing else.

Deleted Member

Sep 24, 07 at 01:54pm
rosie o donnell
enough to make you go BLECH

yogithebear

Sep 24, 07 at 03:14pm
DsX please don't let Cindy hear ya say that. She gets all slippery whenever she sees Connery in any movie, hehe

dsquared

Sep 24, 07 at 04:01pm
As I said Connery was all about looks, but a shite actor.

DS

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 08:13am
Sean Connery best bond