Top 25 Most Controversial Movies :x

Top 25 Most Controversial Movies :x

Deleted Member

Sep 20, 07 at 01:57pm
As rated in Entertainment Weekly.

Number 25 is:

Aladdin---1992

The plot---You know the ginie in the lamp tale.

The Controversy---The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee balked at a lyric describing the film's Arabian setting as a land "where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face."

Result?---The studio dubbed out the lyric for subsequent releases.

What are your thoughts?
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 21, 07 at 06:10pm

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 12:30pm
Stupid committee's voting on stupid crap in a cartoon movie that I think is Robin Williams greatest role!!!

xoxo Mz V

Deleted Member

Sep 22, 07 at 02:14pm
"Excuse me? Are YOU lookin at ME? Did YOU rub MY lamp?...." Quote taken from Aladdin

You have got to be kidding me? I'm thinkin that committee had nothin better to do. 8O

yogithebear

Sep 22, 07 at 09:48pm
I remember in 1989 when Barbarella came out we had to fake our age to get in to see it. Then I thought Jane Fonda was hot, then she became Hanoi Jane and I wouldn't pay to see another movie with her in it.

Deleted Member

Sep 23, 07 at 03:57pm
I'm with you MzV Williams is an amazing gifted comedian/actor I loved watching reruns of him in Mork & Mindy he is hilarious! he did a damn good job in Mrs. Doubtfire as well.

Anyways in regard to this...can't believe our society has gotten so PC that they sensor cartoons now :roll:

KS

Deleted Member

Sep 23, 07 at 04:42pm
Number 24 is:

Caligula---1980

The Plot---This lavishly decadent film depicts the orgy-filled life and death of ancient Romes most notorious and clearly psychotic emperor.

The Controversy---Described as a moral holocaust by Variety, the film was first given a very limited theatrical release for fear of prosecution on obscenity grounds.

What are your thoughts?
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 23, 07 at 04:44pm

mandrill

Sep 23, 07 at 10:54pm
I;m with mylips (above). Too PC about offending liberal minorities that they've thrown out the baby with the water. They need to sensor morality not jokes, stereotypical or not. I love a good joke that pokes fun at me (the truth hurts - but only if you buy into their bigotry.)

dsquared

Sep 24, 07 at 01:34pm
Caligula,

should be nearer the top because of the pregnancy through incest and then the devouring of the unborn child. That image stuck with me for years.

DS

Deleted Member

Sep 25, 07 at 07:20am
I haven't seen Caligula, yet...

as far as the Aladdin thing, yeah, that line was in poor taste, but what's sad is it's freaking true. Apparently telling the truth is un-pc...:evil:

radwhopperbob

Mar 16, 08 at 06:28am
I always thought "Born on the Fourth of July" was kind of controversial because it was one of the first movies to protest the Vietnam war.