spyware-adware

spyware-adware

Deleted Member

Sep 10, 07 at 06:16pm
what program do you use? i've heard of a few different ones that are free. can i have more then one installed at the sametime? thanks for any and all help.

Deleted Member

Sep 10, 07 at 06:46pm
AdAware is one of the most popular, as is Pest Patrol.

Both of them are free.

I have both running at the same time and have not had any problems.
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 10, 07 at 06:46pm

Deleted Member

Sep 10, 07 at 10:57pm
I think I have had pest patrol accidently get on my computer and thought it in and of itself was a virus the way it messed up my computer at that time.

:bye:

fritsau

Sep 10, 07 at 11:00pm
For many years I have run Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware in tandem. I finally fully configured Spybot S&;D and that meant it started checking and monitoring my registry entries. I could not make that work very well so I finally deleted id. Instead I have downloaded Superantispyware as recommended on this forum by someone and I now run this in tandem with Ad-Aware. Each program finds different things so it is a good idea to run more than one.

Deleted Member

Sep 13, 07 at 08:59am
Been running AdAware & Spybot S&;D for quite some time now, and haven't encountered any problems. Kinda wary about other apps, since so many actually plant their own spyware on a system.

Deleted Member

Sep 13, 07 at 12:49pm
Downloaded AdAware but could not get serial#/password to register it. Been two months. Any thoughts.8)

Deleted Member

Sep 13, 07 at 03:24pm
Hmmm... Mine did not require that I enter a serial #. Did you specify that it was for home/personal use?

Deleted Member

Sep 16, 07 at 10:50am
He may have downloaded the pro version which if I remember right is a charge for.

The free version does a great job for home computers even though I use the pro version myself.

Deleted Member

Sep 16, 07 at 11:14am
Crash, if you are using version 6 pro, let me know.

If you are using corp version, let me know.

Deleted Member

Sep 18, 07 at 09:37pm
I use spyware Doctor. It was voted by several places as the best of the best in December 2006.
It was listed as the best buy in this months Pcworld magazine.
It is not free, but I like it.
I also have AVG anti virus free.
spyware Doctor has caught several trojans that AVG missed.
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 18, 07 at 09:40pm