The Pros and Cons of Digital Photography

The Pros and Cons of Digital Photography

cindythebear

Jan 4, 17 at 08:47pm
Several years ago I ditched the film cameras and went totally digital when the quality of the photos taken digitally was as good as I could get from film.

Its great that you can take lots of photos and just delete the ones you don't want. No money wasted on bad shots.

You can more easily edit photos, creating some really neat effects with little effort, unlike the trial and error days.

Down side is I find I have less hard copies of photos to frame. I just never get around to printing them (my HP photo printer is a pain in the ass to get paper to feed correctly) and I never stop to have them printed when in town.

Any other amateurs have thoughts on the subject?

surfbum

Jan 6, 17 at 04:35am
totally agree !*YES*

diver3231

Jan 25, 17 at 07:40pm
I too went digital, but with the ease of taking many shots, quickly, cheaply, I wonder if some (like me) may be loosing the art of posing and critically viewing and setting up a shot in favor of taking a hundred shots and getting 5 really good ones.
On the other hand, with digital, one can easily and quickly review a shot immediately afterwards and make corrections.
Down side for me is I will get lots of very similar, but slightly different shots and I have difficulty deciding which to keep and which to delete, so I end up keeping way more than I should.
Plus I don't enjoy post exposure alteration. Maybe if I were more adept at photshop I wouldn't mind so much.