Islamic Web Post Warning of Special Gift

Islamic Web Post Warning of Special Gift

Deleted Member

Sep 6, 07 at 02:07pm
Thought this was interesting... keep your eyes open y'all. I live near an Air Force Base and security has already tightened...

DEVELOPING STORY: Federal counterterrorism officials are analyzing a posting on an Islamic forum Web site that warns of "a special gift" to be given on the sixth anniversary of Sept. 11, FOX News has learned.

The warning was posted Sept. 2 on a site frequented by radical groups and said in part that "there will be a special gift coming on the day of the blessed invasion of Manhattan."

Federal officials told FOX News they are trying to determine if it might be a specific warning or just part of broad chatter that has been heard during the last few months.

Postings talking about "gifts" have been seen before in the days leading up to the anniversary of Sept. 11.

Deleted Member

Sep 6, 07 at 02:37pm
all i can say is be careful what you learn from fox.
they are the american aljazera in my book.
:lol:
quack

Deleted Member

Sep 6, 07 at 02:55pm
As I said.. I live VERY close to an Air Force Base and security has DRASTICALLY tightened in the past couple days. Just letting you know...

bearmaker

Sep 6, 07 at 04:05pm
How do you actually know who is behind this.Maybe should be also thought whos interest this is.Who need more more money?
:-)
Smells like propaganda war.:x
Edited by bearmaker Sep 6, 07 at 04:07pm

vstromcpl1

Sep 6, 07 at 04:54pm
We have seen big changes all over Washington DC as well. But we always see that in the week or so before the 9/11 anniversary. I do a lot of work in DC and from where I'm sitting, better safe then sorry. My wife was only a few miles from the Pentagon on 9/11,and could see the flames and smoke from her window. I've also have had a few clients that were in the Pentagon that day. I know the trauma and stress that attack put on DC, and I can't imagine what it was like in New York. I don't care if it's propaganda or not, I don't ever want to see that happen again.
Edited by vstromcpl1 Sep 6, 07 at 05:16pm

Deleted Member

Sep 6, 07 at 05:08pm
With the anniversary of September 11th approaching, they are making sure there is not a repeat.

It happens this time every year since the World Trade Center was hit.

bearmaker

Sep 6, 07 at 05:19pm
Probably its very normal.So dont worry so much.Every independence day the safety operations will be same also.Media will get money of this too.Its selling more.

vstromcpl1

Sep 6, 07 at 05:36pm
Bearmaker, I just noticed your from Finland.
I'm not one to stir things up and give people a hard time on the boards, but unless you were here, in New York City or Washington DC, you have no clue what those attacks did to this country. As I said before, from where my butt is sitting right now as I post this, better safe then sorry.

And my wifes butt as well.
Edited by vstromcpl1 Sep 6, 07 at 05:37pm

Deleted Member

Sep 6, 07 at 05:41pm
It was the same here in Oklahoma City after the bombing we had even though it was not as large or wide spread as 911 was.

vstromcpl1

Sep 6, 07 at 06:01pm
One of the FBI agents that was killed in that attack was buried in the cemetery around the corner from where I lived at the time. I got stuck in a shopping center parking lot for 2 hours as the funeral procession made it's way to the cemetery. Seeing multiple police units from every state, including Hawaii, all the military and fire units that were in the procession made me really stop and think about what had happened there. Until then it had been really sad, but had not impacted my life. It did that day. The tears we flowing for quite a while, and I didn't care who saw them.