Court Won't Declare Chimp a Person

Court Won't Declare Chimp a Person

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 09:34am
VIENNA, Austria (AP) - He's now got a human name - Matthew Hiasl Pan - but he's having trouble getting his day in court. Animal rights activists campaigning to get Pan, a 26-year-old chimpanzee, legally declared a person vowed Thursday to take their challenge to Austria's Supreme Court after a lower court threw out their latest appeal.
A provincial judge in the city of Wiener Neustadt dismissed the case earlier this week, ruling that the Vienna-based Association Against Animal Factories had no legal standing to argue on the chimp's behalf.
The association, which worries the shelter caring for the chimp might close, has been pressing to get Pan declared a "person" so a guardian can be appointed to look out for his interests and provide him with a home.
Group president Martin Balluch insists that Pan is "a being with interests" and accuses the Austrian judicial system of monkeying around.

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 09:41am
Wasn't this on the boards somewhere else?

No matter my opinion is the same...:lol:

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 09:56am
Yes you are right it was on the discussion about What does a deer think about

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 10:25am
I heard that the high court in Finland refused to declare bearmaker a chimp, so I guess it's about even.

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 10:29am
How can they declare him a chimp if bearmaker’s make bears :lol:
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 29, 07 at 10:30am

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 10:41am
They said he didn't show enough independent thinking ability. He just mimics his closest associates.:-(

bearmaker

Sep 29, 07 at 11:20am
I wouldnt give many points to Austrian court.
By the way isnt that Californian governor Wieder Beef Saltzenburger also Austrian.8O

Duckie You are wrong .My case isnt yet in high court.:twisted:
Edited by bearmaker Sep 29, 07 at 11:22am

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 11:22am
Yes, but he had to come to the US, to be declared a human.:-)

bearmaker

Sep 29, 07 at 12:02pm
Is it true that he is republican and bushman8O

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 12:05pm
Why don't you ask Him?

Is it true you are an AlQaida propaganda writer?