Bring on the Cane !!!!

Bring on the Cane !!!!

zepyer_1999

Sep 27, 07 at 07:23pm
Saw a story on Yahoo.com today. A woman that was president of a World Trade Center 9/11 survivor's group was removed for being a phony. She gave a tear jerking story of being saved in tower 2 by a man that would die later, supposed to have been badly burned, she was one of only 19 people to get out from above where the plane hit.
On top of that her fiance was suppose to have died in tower 1.
Since 9/11 she has given tours to people at the site, spoke to public groups of her experiences and let the group.
Turns out the man that was her fiance family, friends, and roommate have never heard of her.
The company she worked for in Tower 2 has no record of her.

Deal is here they may not be a charge because so far they can't find where she took any service or money.
This goes along with guys claming to be honored combat vets and others showing up at VA hospitals to get health care but, no record of their service can be found. Many are proven to be phony. (Hell I met a guy in the Army once that claimed he was special forces in Nam. Turned out he was two years younger than me and I was 15 when the war ended)
Anyway, I think maybe time to write some laws and instead of putting phonies in already crowded jails I think we should do the Singapore thing and cane them on the courthouse lawn! Stocks ain't a bad idea either.

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 07:30pm
Yeah, it took all of 2 seconds for Hubby to raise the bullshit flag on our neighbor when he said he is a retired "Sergeant Admiral" from the US Navy. It's sad that some people have to lie when the opportunity presents itself. If it wurnt for my sppeling I culd say I is an English Perfessor.

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 08:21pm
deffinatly like the stocks idea!!!!!!

I went to school with a guy whose dad said he was the general of the marines whan he retired,
this guy had polio as a child and walked with 2 canes since childhood!! my schoolmate joined the navy in I think the end od junior year or the begining of senior year did his 4 years and got out, he had a heart attack about 2 years ago and in his obituary it said he had won the medal of honor for his duty in viet nam........I went to the site for medal of honor winners...because so many folks claim to have won it but din't....and guess what his name wern't there ......I guess it must run in families!!!

:-)

zepyer_1999

Sep 27, 07 at 08:48pm
Guess must be something we have inside of us hopeing for admiration. I'm still touch with my very first supervisor from the Air Force. I went to Classmates.com one time and looked at his profile and he claims he retired at a rank higher than what he did.
He is a good guy. When I knew him he never claimed any kind of war hero status or much of any BS story.
Wonder what makes people do it.

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 08:53pm
Guess must be something we have inside of us hopeing for admiration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think ya just aswered fer yerself!!!

:-)

yogithebear

Sep 28, 07 at 02:03am
It's a shame really, that people have so little self esteem that they need to fabricate a more glamorous life for themselves than what they actually have. People can be pretty much anything they are willing to put forth the effort to be, why lie about what you're not??

Deleted Member

Sep 28, 07 at 11:51am
Did I tell ya'll I'm a space shuttle commander ?

Deleted Member

Sep 28, 07 at 12:56pm
horsecock - shut up and keep driving this fucking thing before we crash.

"URRR URRRR URRRR", said chewy

Deleted Member

Sep 29, 07 at 07:17am
horsecock
Did I tell ya'll I'm a space shuttle commander ?

-----------------------------------------------

Then beam me over to the U.S.A because I hate this time zone.

zepyer_1999

Sep 29, 07 at 08:29am
Here is another one for the Caneing field.
Got a fire call last night, some people pulled into store to get gas, clerk stepped into back room for a second and when he came out the car was gone and the pump was in a trash can running. Can had a whole in it and 20 to 30 gallons running across driveway.
Cost of gas, cost of looseing biz, cost of cleanup, gotta add up.