Where Did We Go Wrong?

Where Did We Go Wrong?

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 04:47pm
i got this as e-mail,thought i would share with you..............

Those Born 1930-1970

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because, WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computer! s, no Internet or chat rooms.......
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them CONGRATULATIONS!

ritz57

Sep 27, 07 at 04:55pm
My mom is still mad at me because I played somewhere else allday, She is also mad cause I brought my friends home when she wanted a day of rest. I remember how hard life was cause I was grounded from my bike. Had to do chores before you could play or even do your homework. If you stayed home from school you coundlt go play. Oh man what a life.

bearmaker

Sep 27, 07 at 05:13pm
Yes till this we have survived and what are doing now?

Trying to make this world impossibl place to live.:x

yogithebear

Sep 27, 07 at 05:31pm
Bearmaker, If you ever had a positive thing to say about anything I'd probably have a cardiac arrest.

As for the post, yep, and we turned out all right too. None of the PC bullshit our kids are fed at school and we survived to make this country what it is today.

corklabus

Sep 27, 07 at 07:00pm
I've seen this thing many times and am still wondering if society will ever wake up and be that great again.

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 09:35pm
I remember riding from N. GA to FL for the most part in the back window! What fun was when Dad hit the brakes hard and I went rolling into the floorboard!!!

xoxo Mz V

Definately remember the gocart with no brakes! :wink:

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 09:39pm
I forgot about the back window!!!!! That was fun. Mom would make a little bed for me and of course I would get tossed around everywhere. O.K.... it pains me to admit this, but who else ate bugs, but never turned into one like mom said would happen.:lol:
Edited by Deleted Member Sep 27, 07 at 09:40pm

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 09:42pm
Don't remember eating bugs but do recall having a mud pie or 2, giggles!!!

xoxo Mz V:wink:

yogithebear

Sep 27, 07 at 09:54pm
In first grade this little sweety made a mud pie for me, and being the gentleman I was I ate it, couldn't hurt her little feelings now could I???

Deleted Member

Sep 27, 07 at 09:56pm
Showing the softie side of Yogithebear???

giggles, Mz V:wink: